Over the US Thanksgiving Day weekend I finally had the opportunity to catch up on Lost. I’ve made it through seasons 4 & 5 and am now working on season 1, with 2-3 to follow.
Jacob is the father trying to raise his child. A loose parallel of Christian and Jack.
The Island is a prison: Jacob and “friend” are in the prison. Jacob is a warden whos “powers” can escape the island.
I’ve come up with a list of questions for which I’d like to find answers:
- How is Jin hopping thorough time in Season 4 with the other Island persons but not helicopter crew, which should have been physically closer to the Island?
- What did Daniel do/see while he was time shifted (like Desmond) What about his GF?
- How did Claire get pregnant? Is it Jacobs baby?
- What’s up with the polar bears?
- What is special about Claire’s baby?
- Is the statue the Egyptian God Sobek?
- When did Richard get to the island?
- How did the Other’s get to the island?
- Who is funding the Others?
- Is the dog (Vincent) real or vision? – I’m leaning to a vision, cause the dog died in the crash.
- The Island is a fake. or possibly constructed (by Jacob?) e.g. not an island like Hawaii is an island
- What lies in the shadow if the statue?
- Who is Jacob? and his friend?
- How did Desmond call Penny on Dec 24 at her home, only to have her pick him up a few days later in the middle of the ocean…. but it would depend on how long they were in the life raft.
- Whose side is Daniel on?
- Why were no baby’s able to be born on the Island from the time Alex was born until Claire’s baby was born?
- What is the significance of the rain?
- Where/When is Charlotte?
Some observations about the show:
- Show takes place in relatively real time.
- Two sides – there always seems to be two sides from Jacob and entity, Kate & Juliet, Sawyer & Jack, Dharma Initiative & Others, Ben & John, Ben & Charlie, temple & Statue
- Island on top itself as it hops through time (During season 4 as the Island time shifts it loops back upon itself)
- All “visions” are from Jacob’s “friend”, Jacob prefers to make direct contact with people.
- Interesting that John can only walk on the Island since the fall when he met Jacob.
- Claire’s not remembering the time she was with Ethan is a result of being taken to the temple in the same way that Ben was taken as a child.
- Claire’s child is Jacob
- The Monster, John (after his death), Vincent (the dog) are all manifestations of Jacob’s friend and are never seen on the screen at the same time.
- The group in the helicopter was not taken along with the island because they had to safely deliver Claire’s baby to Claire’s mom (the only other safe person other than Claire)
- Whispers have some relevance to the rain and the others. – present theory is that the Others can walk between planes of existence, different dimensions if you will. The rain is a physical manifestation of the cross over. Also explains why they cannot be tracked.
BTW I think this is a great show and ranks high on my list of Sci-Fi series to watch….